About the ELCA
Our motto: God’s work. Our hands.
Our mission: Together in Jesus Christ we are freed by grace to live faithfully, witness boldly and serve joyfully.
Our vision: A world experiencing the difference God’s grace and love in Christ makes for all people and creation.
Our values: Our values are grounded in faith, in our biblical and Lutheran confessional sources and our love of God and neighbor. They speak to the way this church lives and practices our faith, and they will guide how we journey forward in Christ as church together.
- Forgiveness and reconciliation – As a people of God, we embody forgiveness in speech, action, and relationships, and our ministry in reconciliation is foundational.
- Dignity, compassion and justice – We uphold and seek to protect the dignity and human rights of all people.
- Inclusion and diversity – We recognize and will challenge dynamics of power and privilege that create barriers– for women, people of color, minority ethnic groups, people with disabilities, who are marginalized or living in poverty, and the LGBTQ community.
- Courage and openness to change – Because we trust in God’s promise and understand faith to be a living, daring confidence in God’s grace, we are open to new ways and willing to take risks to discover God’s plan for this church.
- Faithful stewardship of God’s creation and gifts – We hold to God’s purpose and ensure the responsibilities and resources that God has entrusted to us are used with great care and with accountability.
This is Christ’s church. There is a place for you here.
We are the church that shares a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. Liberated by our faith, we embrace you as a whole person–questions, complexities and all. Join us as we do God’s work in Christ’s name for the life of the world.